EEG Electrode Cap Kit
This cap allows you to gather up to 16-channels of EEG data. Choose from sintered or coated electrodes depending on your biosensing needs.
The EEG Electrode Cap Kit is a scientifically-validated research tool
The OpenBCI EEG Electrode Cap is engineered for reliable EEG bio-potential measurements with wet electrodes. The product comes in two variants:
- 19-channel electrode cap with Ag/AgCl coated electrodes
- Premium 19-channel electrode cap with patented, sintered Ag/AgCl electrodes
- Contents are: a cap with electrodes, a syringe, and a cleaning brush.
- Sleek, compact design for wet electrode EEG measurements
- Engineered to combine the best of signal quality and comfort
- Suitable for sleep studies
- Compatibility with all OpenBCI boards and standard touch-proof connectors
- Compatibility with OpenBCI's FREE open-source software
- Compatibility with most bioamplifiers
- Electrodes located and labeled using the internationally recognized 10-20 system
- Comfortable, easy-to-clean mesh cap
- Adjustable chinstrap for stability and reduction in movement artifacts
- Insulated leads secured with built-in elastic tabs
- Built-in durable sleeve for cable management
- Comes in two Ag-AgCl electrode variants, coated and sintered
- Three size options, S,M, and L
Note: electrode gel is needed for this type of electrode cap
The leads terminate in industry-standard 1.5mm Touch-Proof connectors and can be connected to the Cyton 8-channel or CytonDaisy 16-channel board with an electrode adapter. Please note: these items are not included in this kit!
Interested in an all-inclusive electrode cap bundle? View the All-in-one EEG Electrode Cap Bundle!
- Electrode gel is required and sold separately. Purchase the recommended product HERE.
- Cleaning the cap properly after use is very important and will substantially increase the longevity of the product. A brush for cleaning the cap is included!
- The premium electrode cap with sintered AgAgCl electrodes is resistant to the corrosion of wet electrodes associated with repeated use. The sintered material is conductive throughout; a layer can be scraped off in the event of corrosion, restoring the signal quality. The sintered cap is longer-lasting and more durable. This cap has gray plastic guards around the electrodes (see product images).
- It has been well-established by that sintered Ag-AgCl electrodes are superior to other types of commercially available electrodes, as compared here and here in Clinical Neurophysiology.
- After 25-50 uses, corrosion of coated Ag/AgCl electrodes may require replacement of the cap if not maintained by cleaning, due to compromised conductive layer. This cap has black rubber guards around the electrodes (see product images)
- Be sure to choose your size from the dropdown menu! See instructions below.
NIH-Published Research on Advantages of Sintered Electrodes for EEG:
Want to see more use cases of OpenBCI? Head to our keyword searchable collection of recently published, OpenBCI-based EEG, EMG, and ECG research
Be sure to get the right size for your head! Obtain the circumference using a tape measure wrapped horizontally across the widest part of your head.
- Small = 47-52cm
- Medium = 52-57cm
- Large = 57-62cm
- If between sizes, size down
Click HERE for sintered electrode care guide
The OpenBCI Electrode Cap is not a medical device nor is it intended for medical diagnosis and provided to you "as is," and we make no express or implied warranties whatsoever with respect to its functionality, operability, or use, including, without limitation, any implied warranties, fitness for a particular purpose, or infringement. We expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or special damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues, lost profits, losses resulting from business interruption or loss of data, regardless of the form of action or legal theory under which the liability may be asserted, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
For a free estimate of the total import duty and tax, use this calculator. Enter the HS code 85444200 when prompted. Please be advised that product prices do not include customs fees, import taxes, brokerage fees, or any customs clearance fees. This is the responsibility of the customer.
If shipping to Europe, please expect the total import cost to be about 25% of the product price. If shipping to other countries, it is about 10-20%.
ALL OpenBCI orders ship from the US. We ship worldwide!
Have questions about shipping internationally? Email email@example.com
Refund Policy here