The EmotiBit is a small device that allows you to stream 16+ data streams from the body, including PPG, EDA/GSR, 9-axis IMU, and body temperature.
EmotiBit orders are shipping now!
What is EmotiBit?
EmotiBit is a wearable sensor for capturing high-quality emotional, physiological, and movement data. EmotiBit provides scientifically-validated sensing, making it an ideal tool for research. It's open-source (Arduino-compatible) and the data can be streamed wirelessly to any platform, enabling artists and makers to unlock new perspectives on biometric signals. EmotiBit is easy-to-use, so you can quickly integrate it into a class project. The data is 100% user-owned and can be directly recorded to the built-in SD card, empowering anyone to explore their own health and wellness without reservations about where that data might end up.
16+ biometric data streams:
- PPG (3-wavelength) to derive heart rate, heart rate variability, respiration, oxygen saturation, hydration and (we believe) much more!
- EDA / GSR (electrodermal activity / galvanic skin response) reflecting sympathetic nervous system responses that are driven by cognitive and emotional arousal.
- 9-axis IMU (accel, gyro, mag) to derive movements, activity, gesture, rotation, and cardinal direction.
- Body temperature to assess health as well as emotional reactions.
What can you do with EmotiBit?
Whether you're a researcher, developer, educator, artist, or just passionate about harnessing your own physiological data, the EmotiBit offers something for everyone!
Get inspired by the example projects in the product images.
- Get immediate feedback about how cognitive and neural processes change your body’s physiology on a moment by moment basis.
- Log your physical and psycho-emotional changes throughout the day.
- Track changes in body temperature, blood oxygen levels, and much more to build a long-term record of your bio-data.
- Create an audio-visual experience using your own biometric data.
- Data is accurately timestamped for synchronizing with other sensors/systems.
- Use the simple data labeling feature built into the cross-platform EmotiBit data visualizer to leverage data science and machine learning and discover your bio-patterns.
You can select from different EmotiBit options to get the one that’s right for you. Fully open-source, cross-platform data visualizer software (Windows, Mac, Linux) is included with all options.
Want to take the guesswork out of ordering? Check out the All-in-one Emotibit Bundle that includes everything you need to get started measuring research-grade biometric signals, and get $25 off!
What is the difference between the EmotiBit Emo and MD Boards?
- PPG Sensor (3-wavelength)
- EDA / GSR sensor (+AgCl snap electrodes)
- 9-axis IMU (Accel, Gyro, Mag)
- Temperature sensor (standard-grade)
- Numerous derivative biometric streams
- Finger strap
- Everything on EmotiBit Emo
- PLUS a medical-grade temperature sensor (thermopile) for sensing even more accurate body temperature
Do I need a kit?
You need several items in the Essentials Kit to use EmotiBit, including:
- Adafruit Feather HUZZAH32
- Lithium ion battery (400mAh sized to fit between the EmotiBit & Feather)
- High-speed microSD card + reader
- Micro USB cable
We highly recommend you get an Essentials Kit to use EmotiBit out of the box, but we’re offering EmotiBit board-only options without a kit in case you already have all these parts or if you want to adapt the EmotiBit firmware to use another Feather or configuration.
We also have an Electrode Kit for folks who want spares and additional flexibility to use EmotiBit in research and other high-use settings.
- Adafruit Feather HUZZAH32
- 400mAh battery (up to 10 hours use in data-logger mode)
- High-speed microSD card
- MicroSD card reader
- Micro USB cable
- 3 Emoti-stretch straps of different lengths to wear EmotiBit nearly anywhere on the body, ranging from a child’s wrist to an adult head
- 10x EDA electrodes (Ag/AgCl)
- 4x solder-cup snaps (to add your own EDA leads)
- 5x Emoti-genic covers (provides an additional hygienic layer and sweat protection)
Who makes EmotiBit?
Learn more about EmotiBit and the team behind it on the EmotiBit website.
Get started with instructions and documentation on GitHub!
International Shipping Note:
All OpenBCI orders ship from the US. We ship worldwide!
For an estimate of the total import duty and tax, use this calculator. Enter the HS code 8542310000 when prompted. Please note that product prices and shipping cost DO NOT include customs fees, import taxes, brokerage fees, or any customs clearance fees. If shipping to Europe, please expect the total cost of import to be about 25% of the product price. If shipping to other countries, it is about 10-20%. Tax such as GST or VAT are the responsibility of the customer. If import tax is not paid, your order will be returned or destroyed. OpenBCI does not collect, control, or determine the amount of tax due on international shipments
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org