The 32bit OpenBCI Board is an Arduino-compatible, 8-channel neural interface with a 32-bit processor. At its core, the 32bit OpenBCI Board implements the PIC32MX250F128B microcontroller, giving it lots of local memory and fast processing speeds. The board comes pre-flashed with the chipKIT™ bootloader, and the latest OpenBCI firmware.
The OpenBCI 32bit Board can be used to sample brain activity (EEG), muscle activity (EMG), and heart activity (EKG). The board communicates wirelessly to a computer via the the OpenBCI programmable USB dongle, which is based on the RFDuino radio module. It can also communicate wirelessly to any mobile device or tablet compatible with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
If you are only interested in using the board for research and don’t care about the hardware, don’t fret! The board and dongle come pre-loaded with the latest firmware, making OpenBCI accessible to researchers and developers with little to no hardware experience. OpenBCI boards have a growing list of data output formats, making them compatible with an expanding collection of existing biofeedback applications and tools.
This kit does not come with electrodes. If you don't already have some, you can purchase our OpenBCI Gold Cup Electrodes.
For more detailed information on how to get started with the OpenBCI 32bit Board, go to the Learning page of our website.
This kit includes:
• (x1) OpenBCI 32bit Board
• (x1) OpenBCI programmable dongle (for bluetooth communication)
• (x1) Header pin to touch proof electrode adapter
• (x1) 6V AA battery pack (batteries not included)
• (x4) plastic feet (for board stabilization)
OpenBCI 32bit Board:
• 8 differential, high gain, low noise input channels
• Compatible with active and passive electrodes
• Texas Instruments ADS1299 ADC (link to datasheet)
• PIC32MX250F128B microcontroller w/chipKIT™ bootloader (50MHz)
• RFduino™ Low Power Bluetooth™ radio
• 24-bit channel data resolution
• Programmable gain: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 24
• 3.3V digital operating voltage
• +/-2.5V analog operating voltage
• ~3.3-6V input voltage
• LIS3DH accelerometer (link to datasheet)
• Micro SD card slot
• 5 GPIO pins, 3 of which can be Analog
• RFD22301 radio module from RFdigital™
• FT231X USB-to-serial converter from FTDI
• Can upload code to the OpenBCI board or the dongle
• Fully broken out and pin-compatible w/ RFduino form factor
The 32bit Board Kit is not a medical device nor is it intended for medical diagnosis and provided to you "as is," and we make no express or implied warranties whatsoever with respect to its functionality, operability, or use, including, without limitation, any implied warranties, fitness for a particular purpose, or infringement. We expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or special damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues, lost profits, losses resulting from business interruption or loss of data, regardless of the form of action or legal theory under which the liability may be asserted, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.